In a long expected change, long-time panista Cecilia Romero resigned as head of the National Migration Institute. The deaths of the 72 Central American migrants at the hands of the drug cartels last month forced the change, although she has long been seen as ineffective.
- Narrow advantage for Morena in last poll before Mexico State vote
- Award-winning crime journalist murdered
- Jorge Castañeda abandons quest as independent candidate for President; endorses Senator Armando Ríos Piter
- State of Mexico election still wide open
- Negotiating NAFTA
- Morena and PRI candidates tied in Mexico State