In his first commentary since being confirmed as Commerce Secretary, Wilbur Ross said on Bloomberg TV that formal negotiations with Mexico on NAFTA would not start until “the latter part of this year” and could be expected to take “substantially longer than a year.” Both Videgaray and Guajardo have been pushing for talks to begin in June and to be completed before the end of 2017.
- Narrow advantage for Morena in last poll before Mexico State vote
- Award-winning crime journalist murdered
- Jorge Castañeda abandons quest as independent candidate for President; endorses Senator Armando Ríos Piter
- State of Mexico election still wide open
- Negotiating NAFTA
- Morena and PRI candidates tied in Mexico State