In a long expected change, long-time panista Cecilia Romero resigned as head of the National Migration Institute. The deaths of the 72 Central American migrants at the hands of the drug cartels last month forced the change, although she has long been seen as ineffective.
- Negotiating NAFTA
- Morena and PRI candidates tied in Mexico State
- Morena candidate caught on video receiving cash donation to give to AMLO
- Ex-Pemex chief Lozoya received US$ 5 million bribe, per Odebrecht
- Mexicans react with skepticism and irony to Duarte’s arrest
- Capture of fugitive ex-governor rekindles debate on official corruption