We have been on holiday most of August. We are now back and will resume posting on a regular basis. Today’s newsletter summarizes the most important policy developments of the past few weeks. What is most notable is what did not happen: no special session of Congress to take up pending legislation and no mobilization of political and social forces to address the growing security challenges.
- Ex-Pemex chief Lozoya received US$ 5 million bribe, per Odebrecht
- Mexicans react with skepticism and irony to Duarte’s arrest
- Capture of fugitive ex-governor rekindles debate on official corruption
- Bidding deadline for offshore shallow-water oil fields pushed back to October
- Pemex discloses Odebrecht contracts as part of corruption probe
- GEA-ISA polls shows depth of political discontent