We have been on holiday most of August. We are now back and will resume posting on a regular basis. Today’s newsletter summarizes the most important policy developments of the past few weeks. What is most notable is what did not happen: no special session of Congress to take up pending legislation and no mobilization of political and social forces to address the growing security challenges.
- Narrow advantage for Morena in last poll before Mexico State vote
- Award-winning crime journalist murdered
- Jorge Castañeda abandons quest as independent candidate for President; endorses Senator Armando Ríos Piter
- State of Mexico election still wide open
- Negotiating NAFTA
- Morena and PRI candidates tied in Mexico State