Max Cortázar, the head of communications in the Office of the President since the start of the Government, resigned, capping a week of changes in the presidential inner circle. He is being replaced by his deputy, Alejandra Sota. Cortázar also headed communications for Felipe Calderón during the campaign and transition, and was his spokesperson when he was Secretary of Energy.
- Ex-Pemex chief Lozoya received US$ 5 million bribe, per Odebrecht
- Mexicans react with skepticism and irony to Duarte’s arrest
- Capture of fugitive ex-governor rekindles debate on official corruption
- Bidding deadline for offshore shallow-water oil fields pushed back to October
- Pemex discloses Odebrecht contracts as part of corruption probe
- GEA-ISA polls shows depth of political discontent