A widely-circulated video taken on a cellphone shows the killing of Sergio Adrian Hernández by a U.S. border patrol officer. The officer had seized one of the teenagers and fired three shots at the other fleeing youths. The video would clearly appear to support Mexican claims of disproportionate use of force, and absence of any danger to the officer who fired the shots.
- Narrow advantage for Morena in last poll before Mexico State vote
- Award-winning crime journalist murdered
- Jorge Castañeda abandons quest as independent candidate for President; endorses Senator Armando Ríos Piter
- State of Mexico election still wide open
- Negotiating NAFTA
- Morena and PRI candidates tied in Mexico State