A widely-circulated video taken on a cellphone shows the killing of Sergio Adrian Hernández by a U.S. border patrol officer. The officer had seized one of the teenagers and fired three shots at the other fleeing youths. The video would clearly appear to support Mexican claims of disproportionate use of force, and absence of any danger to the officer who fired the shots.
- Ex-Pemex chief Lozoya received US$ 5 million bribe, per Odebrecht
- Mexicans react with skepticism and irony to Duarte’s arrest
- Capture of fugitive ex-governor rekindles debate on official corruption
- Bidding deadline for offshore shallow-water oil fields pushed back to October
- Pemex discloses Odebrecht contracts as part of corruption probe
- GEA-ISA polls shows depth of political discontent