The New America Foundation and the Wilson Center’s Mexico Institute co-sponsored a broad-ranging one day conference last week on the theme of “Has Mexico turned a corner?” Excerpts from the presentations are available online.
- Ex-Pemex chief Lozoya received US$ 5 million bribe, per Odebrecht
- Mexicans react with skepticism and irony to Duarte’s arrest
- Capture of fugitive ex-governor rekindles debate on official corruption
- Bidding deadline for offshore shallow-water oil fields pushed back to October
- Pemex discloses Odebrecht contracts as part of corruption probe
- GEA-ISA polls shows depth of political discontent