Some 10,000 residents of Monterrey marched for peace yesterday, dressed in white and releasing white balloons. Nuevo León governor Rodrigo Medina headed the march. While the level of violence in the metropolitan region abated, there were two highly publicized incidents during the week.
- Narrow advantage for Morena in last poll before Mexico State vote
- Award-winning crime journalist murdered
- Jorge Castañeda abandons quest as independent candidate for President; endorses Senator Armando Ríos Piter
- State of Mexico election still wide open
- Negotiating NAFTA
- Morena and PRI candidates tied in Mexico State