Some 10,000 residents of Monterrey marched for peace yesterday, dressed in white and releasing white balloons. Nuevo León governor Rodrigo Medina headed the march. While the level of violence in the metropolitan region abated, there were two highly publicized incidents during the week.
- Ex-Pemex chief Lozoya received US$ 5 million bribe, per Odebrecht
- Mexicans react with skepticism and irony to Duarte’s arrest
- Capture of fugitive ex-governor rekindles debate on official corruption
- Bidding deadline for offshore shallow-water oil fields pushed back to October
- Pemex discloses Odebrecht contracts as part of corruption probe
- GEA-ISA polls shows depth of political discontent