The naming of Heriberto Félix Guerra as the new Secretary of Social Development succeeding Cordero also raises the profile of both men as potential contenders for the PAN 2012 presidential nomination. Félix is a senator from the Sinaloa (on leave of absence), and has been the undersecretary for small and medium business at the Ministry of Economy. He is also—perhaps more importantly—the son in law of legendary PAN leader Manuel Clouthier, who died in a mysterious car wreck in 1989.
- Narrow advantage for Morena in last poll before Mexico State vote
- Award-winning crime journalist murdered
- Jorge Castañeda abandons quest as independent candidate for President; endorses Senator Armando Ríos Piter
- State of Mexico election still wide open
- Negotiating NAFTA
- Morena and PRI candidates tied in Mexico State