A Reforma poll published 12/1 showed a sharp quarterly drop in the presidential approval rating. Those approving fell to 52% (down from 68% in the previous quarter), while those disapproving rose to 39% (from 24%). The principal reason given by those disapproving was the imposition of new taxes, followed by producing poor results.
- Narrow advantage for Morena in last poll before Mexico State vote
- Award-winning crime journalist murdered
- Jorge Castañeda abandons quest as independent candidate for President; endorses Senator Armando Ríos Piter
- State of Mexico election still wide open
- Negotiating NAFTA
- Morena and PRI candidates tied in Mexico State