The Mitofsky poll also shows a decrease in presidential popularity, although not as pronounced as the one by Reforma. The approval rating of 58% matched the low of the Calderón government, and the disapproval rating of 40% matched the previous peak. The principal problem of those surveyed was “the economic crisis” (up 6% from the Nov. 2008 level), while those thinking insecurity was the principal issue decreased 12%.
- Narrow advantage for Morena in last poll before Mexico State vote
- Award-winning crime journalist murdered
- Jorge Castañeda abandons quest as independent candidate for President; endorses Senator Armando Ríos Piter
- State of Mexico election still wide open
- Negotiating NAFTA
- Morena and PRI candidates tied in Mexico State