Andrew Selee, the head of the Mexico Institute, and Kate Putnam published a concise analysis of the July 5 mid-term election: Mexico’s Midterm Elections: Winners and Losers. José Antonio Crespo (CIDE) and Jeffrey Weldon (ITAM) will be at the Center on July 10 to provide their own analysis. Further details here.
- Narrow advantage for Morena in last poll before Mexico State vote
- Award-winning crime journalist murdered
- Jorge Castañeda abandons quest as independent candidate for President; endorses Senator Armando Ríos Piter
- State of Mexico election still wide open
- Negotiating NAFTA
- Morena and PRI candidates tied in Mexico State