- Rodrigo Medina of the PRI handily beat Fernando Elizondo of the PAN for the heavily contested governorship of Nuevo León by 50%-45%. The PRI also staged upset victories in the PAN bastions of Querétaro and San Luis Potosi. They retained the statehouses in Colima and Campeche.
- The PAN captured the statehouse in Sonora, where the outgoing PRI administration of Eduardo Bours was scarred by the ABC day care center fire. This is the first time that the PAN has won in Sonora.
- Narrow advantage for Morena in last poll before Mexico State vote
- Award-winning crime journalist murdered
- Jorge Castañeda abandons quest as independent candidate for President; endorses Senator Armando Ríos Piter
- State of Mexico election still wide open
- Negotiating NAFTA
- Morena and PRI candidates tied in Mexico State