The Army sent 2,500 fresh troops to Ciudad Juárez, relieving the existing 1,500 man garrison. While gang related killings in the border city dropped to an average of one per day after the initial military intervention in March, in recent weeks the rate has gone back up to 8 or 9 per day, according to authorities. (Universal 6/21).
- Narrow advantage for Morena in last poll before Mexico State vote
- Award-winning crime journalist murdered
- Jorge Castañeda abandons quest as independent candidate for President; endorses Senator Armando Ríos Piter
- State of Mexico election still wide open
- Negotiating NAFTA
- Morena and PRI candidates tied in Mexico State