A new GEA-ISA national survey showed that voter preferences for the July congressional election have tightened. Excluding undecided voters (31% of the total), the PRI lead had fallen to 2 points from 8 points last November. The PAN and PRI are running neck and neck in terms of other indicators of voter preference. The PRD continues to lose ground.
- Narrow advantage for Morena in last poll before Mexico State vote
- Award-winning crime journalist murdered
- Jorge Castañeda abandons quest as independent candidate for President; endorses Senator Armando Ríos Piter
- State of Mexico election still wide open
- Negotiating NAFTA
- Morena and PRI candidates tied in Mexico State